HistoryAetna, Inc. is an American health insurance company, which is the direct descendant of Aetna (Fire) Insurance Company, of Hartford, Connecticut. In 1850 Aetna began operation of an Annuity Fund and the company would soon to be known as Aetna Life Insurance Company. In 1899 Aetna became one of the first publicly held insurance companies to enter the health insurance field. Since then Aetna has become committed to providing access to cost-effective health care of the highest possible standard, to protect people against health-related risks and enable them to achieve both good health and financial security. Aetna has provided such products and services for 150 years, and has the ability to be a leader in building a strong and effective system of health care by cooperating with health care professionals and public officials Aetna, Inc. provides a range of traditional and consumer directed health care insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmaceutical, dental, behavioral health, group life, long-term care, and disability plans, and medical management capabilities. Aetna is a member of the Fortune 100
Aetna Mission & Values
Our company’s mission, values and goals are expressed through The Aetna Way. The Aetna Way, comprising the elements below, encompasses our shared sense of purpose and provides clarity as we pursue our operational and strategic goals:
• Why We Exist: The Aetna Mission
• What We Believe In: Our Values
• What We’re Trying to Achieve
• How We Run Our Business
Why We Exist: The Aetna Mission
Aetna is dedicated to helping people achieve health and financial security by providing easy access to safe, cost-effective, high-quality health care and protecting their finances against health-related risks. Building on our 150-year heritage, Aetna will be a leader cooperating with doctors and hospitals, employers, patients, public officials and others to build a stronger, more effective health care system.
What We Believe In: Our Values
At Aetna, we put the people who use our services at the center of everything we do and live by a core set of values: • Integrity
• Quality Service and Value
• Excellence and Accountability
• Employee Engagement
What We’re Trying to Achieve
We seek to achieve superior customer satisfaction through innovative products, comprehensive health and related benefits choices, effective service and easy-to-understand information. Our goals are:
• To give individuals and families affordable coverage choices, helpful service and information so they get the financial protection and health care they need - from prevention through chronic and critical care.
• To respect and work effectively with doctors and hospitals by establishing efficient processes and providing prompt claims payments and useful information that helps them provide safe, cost-effective, high-quality health care.
• To provide employers advice, cost-effective benefits choices and programs that improve the health status and productivity of their work forces.
• To partner with brokers and consultants through responsive service, timely information and attractive commissions so they may effectively advise employers on their benefits choices.
• To offer employees an engaging and diverse work environment that permits them to satisfy their professional ambitions, take pride in their contributions and share in Aetna's success.
• To be a leading corporate citizen, improving the quality of life in communities where we live and work.
• To award shareholders a superior return on their investment in our company. How We Run Our Business
Based on our values, which guide our day-to-day activities, we adhere to specific business practices that help us fulfill our mission, reach our goals, and achieve profitable growth. • Plans: We build and monitor business plans, taking corrective actions on negative variances.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document